- 3 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh marjoram
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh sage
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 pounds)
- 4 pounds medium red potatoes, quartered
- In a small bowl, combine the rosemary, marjoram, garlic, sage, 3 teaspoons oil, salt and pepper. Rub roast with 2 tablespoons herb mixture.
- In a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, brown roast in remaining oil on all sides. Place in a roasting pan coated with cooking spray. Toss potatoes with remaining herb mixture; arrange around roast.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 9 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now
Reviews for Herbed Pork and Red Potatoes
Sort By :
Added in some fresh green beans, it was great!
I used the Herb Rub - wrapped the tenderloin with the herb rub & more oil in foil and let it bake in a baking pan = the flavor was wonderful!
This entree,with potatoes, can be summed in a word - superb. Perfect Sunday dinner for visiting family or friends.
My family loves simple meals and this meal is probably one of the simplest I've ever made. We are keeping this recipe as we absolutely love this meal.