“This recipe is wonderful because it's not only tasty, but the potatoes are a built-in hot side dish! We made it for our anniversary party, and our guests were more than impressed.” —Kate Collins, Auburn, Washington
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh marjoram
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh sage
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 pounds)
- 4 pounds medium red potatoes, quartered
- In a small bowl, combine the rosemary, marjoram, garlic, sage, 3 teaspoons oil, salt and pepper. Rub roast with 2 tablespoons herb mixture.
- In a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, brown roast in remaining oil on all sides. Place in a roasting pan coated with cooking spray. Toss potatoes with remaining herb mixture; arrange around roast.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Herbed Pork and Potatoes in Taste of Home October/November 2008, p58
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Herbed Pork and Red Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review