Herbed Pork and Red Potatoes Recipe
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh marjoram
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh sage
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 pounds)
- 4 pounds medium red potatoes, quartered
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the rosemary, marjoram, garlic, sage, 3 teaspoons oil, salt and pepper. Rub roast with 2 tablespoons herb mixture.
- 2. In a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, brown roast in remaining oil on all sides. Place in a roasting pan coated with cooking spray. Toss potatoes with remaining herb mixture; arrange around roast.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 9 servings.
4 ounces cooked pork with 3/4 cup potatoes equals 358 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 581 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 33 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.