Herbed Pork and Red Potatoes
“This recipe is wonderful because it's not only tasty, but the potatoes are a built-in hot side dish! We made it for our anniversary party, and our guests were more than impressed.”
—Kate Collins, Auburn, Washington
9 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 1 hour + standing
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh marjoram
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh sage
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 pounds)
- 4 pounds medium red potatoes, quartered
- In a small bowl, combine the rosemary, marjoram, garlic, sage, 3
- teaspoons oil, salt and pepper. Rub roast with 2 tablespoons herb
- In a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, brown roast in remaining oil
- on all sides. Place in a roasting pan coated with cooking spray.
- Toss potatoes with remaining herb mixture; arrange around roast.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until a meat
- thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Yield: 9 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 4 ounces cooked pork with 3/4 cup potatoes equals 358 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 581 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber,