Herbed Pork and Potatoes Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 3 cups cubed red potatoes (1-inch pieces)
- 1 pound boneless pork loin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups crushed herb-seasoned stuffing
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a large skillet, melt 1/4 cup butter. Add potatoes; cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned. Add the pork, rosemary, sage, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until pork is browned, about 12 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the stuffing, celery, onion, apple juice and remaining butter.
- 2. Cover and cook for 7 minutes or until heated through. Stir in tomatoes and parsley. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 2 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 577 calories, 30g fat (16g saturated fat), 118mg cholesterol, 960mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 6g fiber), 29g protein.
Reviews for Herbed Pork and Potatoes
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer