Herbed Pizza Sauce
Instead buying a pizza sauce in the store, this recipe allows you to create it at home. It is so easy and flavorful that you will being making it every time you make homemade pizza.Cathy Blankman, Warroad, Minnesota
10-12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients; cook and stir over
- medium heat for 2 minutes. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 20 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 147 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.