Herbed Pizza Sauce Recipe
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients; cook and stir over medium heat for 2 minutes. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Herbed Pizza Sauce(6)
Sort By :
I really liked this sauce. I think it would make good pasta sauce as well. I skipped the sugar but I think it could use a small amount.
I skipped the marjoram since I didn't have any on hand, but I added some parmesan cheese for added flavor. It turned out pretty good!
Very happy with the results and low sodium as well.
I tried this recipe for my son, who's on a very low sodium diet (I omitted the salt). It's impossible to find store-bought sauces that aren't loaded with sodium. Everyone else loved it too--no one missed the salt. This is such an easy recipe to throw together; I regularly stock up now on the small cans of no-salt added tomato sauce & paste just so I can make this. It makes a good amount so I just freeze the rest in smaller portions.
Great mixture of herbs. Easy to make, Easy to freeze to use leftovers again!
More Recipe Collections
- Condiments >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Vegetarian Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Pizza Recipes >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Pizza Recipes >
- Quick Main Dish Recipes >
- Quick Recipes >
- Sauces & Toppings Recipes >
- Super Bowl Party Dinners >