Herbed Pecan Stuffing Recipe
"From Logan, Utah, Edie DeSpain says, "I've updated a basic stuffing recipe by using wholesome multi-grain bread in place of customary white bread. It adds a hearty, crunchy taste."
- 8 cups day-old multi-grain bread cubes
- 3/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 4 celery ribs, diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1. Place bread cubes in a single layer on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 225° for 30-40 minutes, tossing occasionally, until partially dried. Meanwhile, combine the raisins and apple juice in saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; let stand for 15 minutes. In a large skillet or Dutch oven, saute celery, onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add parsley, salt, sage, thyme, fennel seeds and pepper; mix well. Remove from the heat. Beat egg and broth; add to vegetable mixture with the bread cubes and raisin mixture. Toss well. Stir in pecans. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 325° for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 15-20 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 255 calories, 17 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 564 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Herbed Pecan Stuffing
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC