Herbed Pasties Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 packages (11 ounces each) pie crust mix
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1. In a skillet, cook beef and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain well. Dissolve bouillon in water; stir into meat mixture. Add the cheddar cheese, mushrooms, celery, Parmesan cheese and seasonings; mix well.
- 2. Prepare pie crusts according to package directions. Divide dough into four portions. On a floured surface, roll each into a 14-in. square. Cut each into four 7-in. squares. Place a scant 1/2 cup meat mixture in the center of each square. Moisten edges of pastry with water and fold over filling, forming a triangle. Press edges with a fork to seal. Make a 1-in. slit in the top of each triangle.
- 3. Place on two ungreased baking sheets. Beat egg and water; brush over pastry. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 16 servings.
1 serving (2 each) equals 458 calories, 31 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 93 mg cholesterol, 764 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.