Herbed Pasta Sauce Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 to 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 to 3 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Hot cooked pasta
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute onion and celery in oil until tender. Stir in tomatoes, garlic, parsley, oregano, cilantro and sugar. Simmer for 5 minutes. Serve over pasta. Yield: about 3 servings (2-1/2 cups sauce).
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 142 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 49 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.