Herbed Pasta Sauce Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 to 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 to 3 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Hot cooked pasta
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute onion and celery in oil until tender. Stir in tomatoes, garlic, parsley, oregano, cilantro and sugar. Simmer for 5 minutes. Serve over pasta. Yield: about 3 servings (2-1/2 cups sauce).
3/4 cup: 142 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 49mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Herbed Pasta Sauce
"absolutely delicious! I actually added a can of tomato paste, and a can canned tomatoes (not drained) as well as some green pepper and i made it a pizza sauce"