I rely on this garden-fresh pasta sauce instead of any store-bought variety. This is a stand-by all summer long.—Dorothy Angley, Carver, Massachusetts
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 to 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 to 3 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Hot cooked pasta
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and celery in oil until tender. Stir in tomatoes, garlic, parsley, oregano, cilantro and sugar. Simmer for 5 minutes. Serve over pasta. Yield: about 3 servings (2-1/2 cups sauce).
Originally published as Herbed Pasta Sauce in Taste of Home August/September 1998, p41
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Herbed Pasta Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review