- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 to 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 to 3 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Hot cooked pasta
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and celery in oil until tender. Stir in tomatoes, garlic, parsley, oregano, cilantro and sugar. Simmer for 5 minutes. Serve over pasta. Yield: about 3 servings (2-1/2 cups sauce).
This recipe pairs well with a medium red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Santa Margherita Chianti Classico Reserva Italy 2009. Initial tastes of fruits and spice move to herbal notes for a long smooth finish. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Herbed Pasta Sauce
Sort By :
absolutely delicious! I actually added a can of tomato paste, and a can canned tomatoes (not drained) as well as some green pepper and i made it a pizza sauce