Herbed Parmesan Onion Focaccia Recipe
This bread is so full of flavor that spreading butter on it is not necessary. I always hear yums, oohs and aahs when guests take their first bite. It's best served warm, and the next day makes the best toast you've ever had!
- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In bread machine pan, place the first 11 ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- 2. When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a greased baking sheet and punch down (dough will be sticky). With lightly oiled hands, pat dough into a 9-in. circle. Brush with oil; sprinkle with the cheese, parsley, salt and pepper. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into wedges; serve warm. Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds, 16 slices).
1 serving (1 slice) equals 100 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 262 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC