- 3 to 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- 1-1/4 cups fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon each dried parsley flakes, thyme, and rosemary, crushed
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, sugar, salt and yeast. In a small saucepan, heat the milk, oil and 2 tablespoons butter to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat just until moistened. Add egg; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a bowl coated with cooking spray, turning once to coat the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese, sesame seeds, garlic salt, paprika and herbs. Punch dough down. Divide into 32 pieces; roll each into a ball.
- Drizzle 2 teaspoons butter into a 10-in. tube pan coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with a third of the cheese mixture. Top with 16 balls. Repeat layers. Drizzle with remaining butter and sprinkle with remaining cheese mixture. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (32 pieces).
Reviews for Herbed Parmesan Monkey Bread
Sort By :
"This is the best bread in the world. Period. My whole family gets really stoked when I make it and its gone before the end of the meal. I don't add thyme, but other than that, I keep it like the recipe. MAKE IT AND YOU WILL NEVER REGRET IT!!!"
"Made this yesterday to go with soup. Was disappointed in the herb flavor, was kinda bland. The bread itself is very good, going to use it today with dipping oil."
"We really liked this bread, especially with a beef soup. I did change the herb sprinkling stuff though. I used more parmesan cheese and garlic, and NO parsley or rosemary. I also sprinkled shredded cheddar cheese in between all the layers. It turned out really good and we liked the combination of cheese and herbs."
"I have made this every year for the past 3 years for my husband, kids, and I for our family Christmas. I found the recipe in one of the magazines a while back and we have loved it ever since. Our house smells so good when I make it. I will be making it in 2 weeks for our family Christmas. YUMMY!!!!!!!"
"This is really good! (I think I ate 1/4 of the loaf all by myself!) My 7 yr old daughter thought it too "herby," but the rest of us thought it was great."