Herbed Parmesan Bread
I’ve been making my Parmesan bread for so many years, I can no longer recall where I got the recipe! Thanks to a convenient baking mix, a freshly made loaf gets in the oven fast.
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 3-3/4 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine biscuit mix, 1 cup
- cheese, Italian seasoning and salt. In a small bowl, whisk egg, milk
- and water. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Transfer
- to a greased 8x4-in. loaf pan. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out
- clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 207 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 702 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.