Herbed Parmesan Bread Recipe
- 3-3/4 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup water
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine biscuit mix, 1 cup cheese, Italian seasoning and salt. In a small bowl, whisk egg, milk and water. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Transfer to a greased 8x4-in. loaf pan. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 2. Bake 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
1 slice: 207 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 702mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Herbed Parmesan Bread
"I don't like to give bad reviews but I felt I needed to on this one. I followed the recipe to a tee and used an 8x4 loaf pan. As I was mixing the dough I knew instinctively the pan was too small but I went ahead and used it anyway. It spilled over the sides of the pan as I feared it would. Then I couldn't remove it from the pan without breaking it so I left it in the pan. After about 2 slices there was a huge hole in the middle of the loaf! And raw dough! The consistency was like cake, not bread. I did like the flavor though. Sorry! I realize people work hard on these recipes."