Herbed Parmesan Bread Recipe
I've been making my Parmesan bread for so many years, I can no longer recall where I got the recipe! Thanks to a convenient baking mix, a freshly made loaf gets in the oven fast. —Lesley Archer, Chapala, Mexico
- 3-3/4 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup water
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine biscuit mix, 1 cup cheese, Italian seasoning and salt. In a small bowl, whisk egg, milk and water. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Transfer to a greased 8x4-in. loaf pan. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 2. Bake 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
1 slice equals 207 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 702 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Herbed Parmesan Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC