I’ve been making my Parmesan bread for so many years, I can no longer recall where I got the recipe! Thanks to a convenient baking mix, a freshly made loaf gets in the oven fast.
- 3-3/4 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine biscuit mix, 1 cup cheese, Italian seasoning and salt. In a small bowl, whisk egg, milk and water. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Transfer to a greased 8x4-in. loaf pan. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
Originally published as Herbed Parmesan Bread in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2013, p58
Reviews for Herbed Parmesan Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review