The simple seasonings in this recipe enhance the pleasant, mild flavor of orange roughy. It's a quick and easy way to prepare fish.—Sue Kroening, Mattoon, Illinois
Recommended: 60 Sneaky Ways to Eat More Vegetables
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 orange roughy, red snapper, catfish or trout fillets (6 ounces each)
- In a small shallow bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; dip fillets on both sides in lemon mixture.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat or broil 4 in,. from the heat for 5-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Herbed Orange Roughy in Country Woman July/August 1997, p35
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Herbed Orange Roughy
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review