Herbed Orange Roughy with Mushrooms
Family-pleasing fish is never long in the making for Carla Weeks. Her Herbed Orange Roughy simmers quickly on the stove, keeping her St. Charles, Illinois home cool.
"My mother created this main dish, which is low in fat and calories," Carla notes. "I often use fresh scrod instead of orange roughy," she adds.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 orange roughy fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh mushrooms, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Place the fish fillets in a single layer in a large skillet. Sprinkle
- with the lemon juice, parsley, bail, salt and garlic powder. Place
- mushrooms over fish if desired. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover
- and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 135 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 102 mg cholesterol, 418 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat.