Herbed Orange Roughy with Mushrooms Recipe
Family-pleasing fish is never long in the making for Carla Weeks. Her Herbed Orange Roughy simmers quickly on the stove, keeping her St. Charles, Illinois home cool. "My mother created this main dish, which is low in fat and calories," Carla notes. "I often use fresh scrod instead of orange roughy," she adds.
- 4 orange roughy fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh mushrooms, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Place the fish fillets in a single layer in a large skillet. Sprinkle with the lemon juice, parsley, bail, salt and garlic powder. Place mushrooms over fish if desired. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Sprinkle with paprika. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Herbed Orange Roughy in Quick Cooking July/August 2003, p14
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Herbed Orange Roughy with Mushrooms
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review