Herbed Onion Salad Dressing Recipe
"My dad is an excellent cook and this is one of his favorites," says Nancy Fettig of Billings, Montana. The slightly sweet dressing has plenty of onion flavor and a tasty blend of herbs.
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon each dried basil, marjoram, oregano and thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 1. In a blender, combine the vinegar, sugar and onion; cover and process until smooth. Add the seasonings; cover and blend well. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream until dressing is thickened. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 4 cups.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 160 calories, 14 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 148 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
Reviews for Herbed Onion Salad Dressing
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC