Herbed Onion Salad Dressing Recipe
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon each dried basil, marjoram, oregano and thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 1. In a blender, combine the vinegar, sugar and onion; cover and process until smooth. Add the seasonings; cover and blend well. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream until dressing is thickened. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 4 cups.
2 tablespoon: 160 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 148mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (10g sugars, trace fiber), trace protein
Reviews for Herbed Onion Salad Dressing
"I made it and really liked it. I used a sweet onion about the size of a tennis ball. When the recipe says large onion....I never know if its baseball or grapefruit sized."
"I love this salad dressing recipe! Not only is it easy to make but it also makes a quart sized jar amount which I need because everyone loves it so much. Every time I serve this dressing people ask for the recipe."