Herbed Onion Bread Recipe
I really enjoy the convenience of my bread machine and use it often. Of all the recipes I've made in it, this is one of the best. The wonderful aroma while this herbed bread is baking makes it hard to wait for a savory slice.
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1. In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggest by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds and 16 slices).
One serving (1 slice) equals 100 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 204 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC