I really enjoy the convenience of my bread machine and use it often. Of all the recipes I've made in it, this is one of the best. The wonderful aroma while this herbed bread is baking makes it hard to wait for a savory slice.
Recommended: 60 Sneaky Ways to Eat More Vegetables
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggest by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds and 16 slices).
Originally published as Herbed Onion Bread in Taste of Home August/September 2001, p31
Reviews for Herbed Onion Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 28, 2012
"This is absolutely the BEST bread we have ever eaten. It is now our family favorite and make it often. We did change it a little though. We use milk and fresh onions. It's the BEST!"