Herbed Nut Mix
Crack open a package of the slightly sweet-herb scented nut mix when your family becomes engrossed in the magical dream of Marie in the Nutcracker writtend by E.T.A. Hoffman.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup salted cashews
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 1/2 cup whole almonds
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spread cashews, pecans and almonds into an
- ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 8-10 minutes or until
- toasted, stirring occasionally.
- In a large saucepan, combine butter and brown sugar. Cook and stir
- until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat; stir in rosemary and
- thyme. Add nuts and toss to coat.
- Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in an airtight container in the
- refrigerator. Yield: 2 cups.
Make Ahead: May be frozen for up to 3 months.
Nutritional Facts: 1/3 cup equals 318 calories, 28 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 187 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.