Herbed Nut Mix
Crack open a package of the slightly sweet-herb scented nut mix when your family becomes engrossed in the magical dream of Marie in the Nutcracker writtend by E.T.A. Hoffman.—
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1 cup salted cashews
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 1/2 cup whole almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 15x10x1-in. baking pan with foil;
- grease foil. In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir
- in brown sugar, rosemary and thyme. Add nuts; toss to coat. Spread
- into prepared pan. Bake 10-12 minutes or until toasted.
- Immediately transfer to waxed paper; cool completely. Store in an
- airtight container. Yield: 2 cups.
Make Ahead: May be frozen for up to 3 months.
Nutritional Facts: 1/3 cup equals 318 calories, 28 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 187 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.