This simple dish is a complement to just about any kind of meat of fish. We enjoy it often, no matter what the season.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked noodles
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon minced chives
- Salt and pepper to taste, optional
- In a saucepan, cook noodles according to package directions; drain
- and return to saucepan. Add the remaining ingredients; toss well to
- coat. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One 3/4 cup serving (prepared with yolk-free noodles and calculated without salt) equals 170 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 76 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.