"I make these potatoes often for my husband and me. They're easy to prepare and have a nice dill flavor," writes Vi Neiding of South Milwaukee, Wisconsin. "We eagerly await the start of farmers market season to get garden-fresh new potatoes."
Recommended: 20 Ways to Make Potatoes on the Grill
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 pound small red potatoes
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill or 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 2 teaspoons minced chives
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash lemon juice
- Remove a strip of peel from the middle of each potato. Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Drain potatoes; add butter mixture and toss gently. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Herbed New Potatoes in Taste of Home April/May 2003, p45
Reviews forHerbed New Potatoes
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 21, 2012
"You will be hard-pressed to find a better potato recipe than this! Make when new potatoes are in season. You will want to double the sauce recipe - it is simply to-die-for!"