- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, mushrooms, onion and green pepper in oil over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, soup and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45-60 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve with spaghetti. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Herbed Mushroom Spaghetti Sauce
Sort By :
My husband and I thought this sauce was really good. I made it with the condensed soup per the recipe. Don't like rosemary, though, so I omitted it. I've made it several times.
Did you try the recipe both ways (soup vs tomatoes)? What size of tomato? Roma? What size of can diced tomatoes
I would highly recommend not using the condensed soup and just add 3 vine, organic tomatoes. and one can of italian herbed diced tomatoes.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Pasta Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >