- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1-3/4 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Sour cream and tomato slices, optional
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms in oil until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in bacon and parsley.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, sugar, salt and pepper. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, buttermilk and butter. Add to dry ingredients; stir just until combined. Stir in mushroom mixture.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. If desired, serve with sour cream and tomato slices. Yield: 10 waffles.
Originally published as Herbed Mushroom & Bacon Waffles in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2013, p188
Reviews for Herbed Mushroom & Bacon Waffles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review