- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 package (7 ounces) elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 1% cottage cheese
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil over medium heat; boil for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add marjoram, thyme, nutmeg and paprika; stir until blended. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in mustard and 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese; mix well. Add macaroni and cottage cheese; stir until coated.
- Pour into an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until top is golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Herbed Macaroni N Cheese (Baked macaroni n cheese) in Taste of Home February/March 1999, p17
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Herbed Macaroni N Cheese
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review