Herbed Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
- 1 package (7 ounces) uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup cubed Havarti or Muenster cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons Italian-style seasoned bread crumbs
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain. Place in a 1-1/2-qt. casserole and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour and seasonings; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove pan from heat; add the sour cream, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese and Havarti cheese. Stir until melted.
- Pour sauce over macaroni; toss to coat. Combine the Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs and remaining cheddar cheese; sprinkle over casserole. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Herbed Macaroni and Cheese(9)
Sort By :
Very good. A big hit with my family.
This is very good and easy. My kids loved it. I didn't have Havarti or Muenster, so I used all cheddar. Will definitely make again!
Good taste and easy to make exactly to recepie
Definitely a keeper, I used half havarti and half muenster, it was so rich and creamy, everyone absolutely loved it!
Wow! very good and very quick to put together.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Pasta >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Macaroni and Cheese Recipes >
- Macaroni Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >