Herbed London Broil Recipe
I serve this well-seasoned steak quite often. I got the recipe years ago from my stepfather. It's good whether you grill or broil the meat. I've never met a person who didn't like it. —Sharon Patnoe, Elkins, Arkansas
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon each celery seed, salt, dried thyme and oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 pound beef flank steak
- 1. In a large resealable bag, combine onion, lemon juice, oil, garlic and seasonings; add steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate several hours or overnight, turning once.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat 6-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Slice thinly across the grain. Yield: 2 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC