Herbed London Broil
Sharon Patnoe of Elkins, Arkansas serves this well-seasoned steak quite often. "I got the recipe years ago from my stepfather. It's good whether you grill or broil the meat," she notes. "I've never met a person who didn't like it."
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon each celery seed, salt, dried thyme and oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 pound beef flank steak
- In a large resealable bag, combine onion, lemon juice, oil, garlic
- and seasonings; add steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate
- several hours or overnight, turning once.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat
- 6-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for
- medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°;
- well-done, 170°). Slice thinly across the grain. Yield: 2
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.