Herbed London Broil Recipe
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon each celery seed, salt, dried thyme and oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 pound beef flank steak
- 1. In a large resealable bag, combine onion, lemon juice, oil, garlic and seasonings; add steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate several hours or overnight, turning once.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat 6-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Slice thinly across the grain. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 207 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 363mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0g fiber), 22g protein .
Reviews for Herbed London Broil
"This recipe is so simple and quick! I followed the recipe exactly and it turned out wonderful. My husband grilled the steak at medium heat for about 8 minutes on each side (our steak was a little over a pound). I served it with baby red potatoes and fresh asparagus. The dinner was fantastic and we will definitely be making it again and again!! Thank you Sharon for a great recipe!!"
"This marinade had very good flavor. I was only able to let it sit for about an hour. I think if I had had a longer marinade I would have been about to get more flavor and tenderness into the meat. Will try it again though. I used fresh thyme and rosemary in the mix as well. Great summertime meal."
"maybe I'm not wild about london broil, but this was too lemony. not enough of the beef flavor I enjoy. after I tried it, I didn't dare serve it to my kid. My boyfriend ate a few slices, but definitely not a recipe I'd make again"
"This marinade makes the best London Broil that I have ever made, although I prefer cooking the meat in my cast iron skillet. Just cook at medium high for 3 minutes on each side until well browned, and then in a 325 oven until a meat thermometer reads medium rare. (145)"
"My daughter, who is not a big meat-lover, said this was the most flavorful beef she's ever had, and took seconds. Absolutely delicious!"
"This far surpassed my expectations. The only change I made was to take a fork and poke the meat so the marinade would penetrate the meat. I will make this again."
"A perfect special dinner. Used an affordable cut of meat with results exceeding the quality expected. I can't wait until flank steak goes on sale again!"
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.