Herbed Lime Chicken
When we have friends over during the summer, I usually serve this grilled chicken. It's tender, moist and bursting with the tangy taste of lime. I'm often asked for the recipe.—Kay Alliman, Biggsville, Illinois
4 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1 bottle (16 ounces) fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 lime, halved and sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 pound)
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Remove 1/2 cup for
- basting; cover and refrigerate. Pour remaining marinade into a large
- resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat;
- refrigerate for 8-10 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, uncovered, over medium
- heat for 5 minutes. Turn chicken; baste with the reserved marinade.
- Grill 5-7 minutes longer or until juices run clear, basting
- occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 162 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 718 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 0.55 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.