Herbed Lemon Pork Chops Recipe
- 1 teaspoon salt-free garlic seasoning blend
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 bone-in pork loin chop (6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Rub over both sides of pork chops. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil and garlic over medium-high heat. Add pork chops. Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
- 2. Remove from the heat; drizzle with lemon juice. Cover and let stand for 2 minutes before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
One serving equals 184 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 367 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.