Herbed Lemon Chicken Recipe
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Pour 3/4 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add the chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- 2. Drain chicken and discard marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5 minutes. Turn; grill or broil 4-9 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 170°, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Yield: 6 servings.
1 chicken breast: 374 calories, 27g fat (4g saturated fat), 89mg cholesterol, 229mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 29g protein.
Reviews for Herbed Lemon Chicken
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.