Herbed Lemon Chicken Recipe
This is a sensational recipe for cooks on the go. You can put the chicken in to marinade the day before, and it will be ready to grill when you come home from work the next day. In the winter, I grill the chicken on my indoor electric grill. It's so easy and always turns out terrific that I have given this recipe to the bride to be at bridal showers.—Karen Aeschliman, Sabetha, Kansas
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Pour 3/4 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add the chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain chicken and discard marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5 minutes. Turn; grill or broil 4-9 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 170°, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Herbed Lemon Chicken in Grill It Bookazine 2013 2013
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Herbed Lemon Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review