Herbed Lamb Kabobs Recipe
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons dried marjoram
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds boneless lamb
- 1 medium red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Pour 1 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add lamb. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 6-8 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread lamb and vegetables. Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 8-10 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness(for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), basting frequently with reserved marinade. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 366 calories, 28g fat (5g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 591mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein .
Reviews for Herbed Lamb Kabobs
"I replaced the lamb with pork tenderloin, excellent recipe. I also broiled these for about ten minute per side, stayed tender and just the right amount of charing."
"Would agree with the prev. reviewer...the marinade for this recipe was great! I did make it with lamb, but it was a bit pricey...next time I will try pork, but the marinade would be great on anything."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.