Herbed Lamb Kabobs Recipe
This colorful kabob wouldn't be the same without its delicious herb marinade and tender-crisp vegetables. Together, they add delicious flavor and texture to the lamb pieces. This recipe was submitted by Janet Dingler from Cedartown, Georgia.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 20 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons dried marjoram
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds boneless lamb
- 1 medium red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Pour 1 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add lamb. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 6-8 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread lamb and vegetables. Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 8-10 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness(for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), basting frequently with reserved marinade. Yield: 8 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC