Herbed Lamb Chops Recipe
- 1 teaspoon each dried thyme, oregano and rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash paprika
- 4 lamb rib or loin chops (about 1-1/4 inches and 6 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the seasonings; set aside 1/4 teaspoon. Rub remaining herb mixture over both sides of lamb chops. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the oil, lemon juice, bay leaves and lemon peel. Add chops; seal bag and turn to coat. Let stand for 5 minutes; drain.
- 2. In a large skillet, brown chops for 2 minutes on each side. Reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook for 4-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Top with butter and sprinkle with reserved herb mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
1 lamb chop equals 291 calories, 22 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 376 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Reviews for Herbed Lamb Chops
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.