- 1 teaspoon each dried thyme, oregano and rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash paprika
- 4 lamb rib or loin chops (about 1-1/4 inches and 6 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- In a small bowl, combine the seasonings; set aside 1/4 teaspoon. Rub remaining herb mixture over both sides of lamb chops. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the oil, lemon juice, bay leaves and lemon peel. Add chops; seal bag and turn to coat. Let stand for 5 minutes; drain.
- In a large skillet, brown chops for 2 minutes on each side. Reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook for 4-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Top with butter and sprinkle with reserved herb mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Herbed Lamb Chops
"This my go to entree for special occasions at home, especially when time is short. My husband is so excited everytime I make it!"
"Lovely recipe provided the necessary inspiration for something really quick. I did the rosemary, thyme, lemon and salt seasoning and at the end sprinkled parmesan&romano cheese on the top."
"I used dried basil instead of rosemary and fresh orange juice and zest instead of lemon. I let it marinade about 10 min. Added a little water towards the end of the cooking process to create a little flavor liquid. My husband loved it and requested it again! It was absolutely delicious and wonderfully tender. I served it w/ garlic parmesian risotto and steamed asparagus."
"I used three teaspoons of italian seaoning as substitute to the 1 teaspoon eash of thyme, oregano and rosemary. The combination of seasoning and lemon juice was perfect! It really brought out the flavor of the lamb. My husband and I will definitely be using this recipe again!"