Herbed Lamb Chops Recipe
- 1 teaspoon each dried thyme, oregano and rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash paprika
- 4 lamb rib or loin chops (about 1-1/4 inches and 6 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- In a small bowl, combine the seasonings; set aside 1/4 teaspoon. Rub remaining herb mixture over both sides of lamb chops. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the oil, lemon juice, bay leaves and lemon peel. Add chops; seal bag and turn to coat. Let stand for 5 minutes; drain.
- In a large skillet, brown chops for 2 minutes on each side. Reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook for 4-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Top with butter and sprinkle with reserved herb mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Herbed Lamb Chops
Sort By :
This my go to entree for special occasions at home, especially when time is short. My husband is so excited everytime I make it!
Lovely recipe provided the necessary inspiration for something really quick. I did the rosemary, thyme, lemon and salt seasoning and at the end sprinkled parmesan&romano cheese on the top.
I used dried basil instead of rosemary and fresh orange juice and zest instead of lemon. I let it marinade about 10 min. Added a little water towards the end of the cooking process to create a little flavor liquid. My husband loved it and requested it again! It was absolutely delicious and wonderfully tender. I served it w/ garlic parmesian risotto and steamed asparagus.
I used three teaspoons of italian seaoning as substitute to the 1 teaspoon eash of thyme, oregano and rosemary. The combination of seasoning and lemon juice was perfect! It really brought out the flavor of the lamb. My husband and I will definitely be using this recipe again!