- 1 bone-in beef rib roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 pound parsnips, quartered
- 1 pound carrots, quartered
- 2 large onions, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place roast in a large shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, parsnips, carrots and onions. Drizzle with butter; toss to coat. Spoon vegetables around roast; sprinkle with rosemary, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Bake 1 to 1-1/4 hours longer or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), stirring vegetables occasionally. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 10 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Herbed Italian Rib Roast
"Delicious! Not surprising that the veggies had that much flavor with all the butter, but for the once a year treat of prime rib, totally worth it."
"My friend served this at our Cookie Swap dinner and it was Great"