- 1 bone-in beef rib roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 pound parsnips, quartered
- 1 pound carrots, quartered
- 2 large onions, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place roast in a large shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, parsnips, carrots and onions. Drizzle with butter; toss to coat. Spoon vegetables around roast; sprinkle with rosemary, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Bake 1 to 1-1/4 hours longer or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), stirring vegetables occasionally. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 10 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Herbed Italian Rib Roast
Sort By :
"Delicious! Not surprising that the veggies had that much flavor with all the butter, but for the once a year treat of prime rib, totally worth it."
"My friend served this at our Cookie Swap dinner and it was Great"