Herbed Honey Lime Sauce Recipe
This savory sauce can be kept in the refrigerator to serve over a variety of meats. It's quick to prepare and adds a pleasant surprise to your meal.—National Honey Board, Mary R Humann, Longmont, Colorado
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth or dry white wine
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1. In a saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in broth, honey, lime juice, mustard, rosemary, salt and pepper. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into sauce. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Serve with turkey, chicken, fish or pork. Cover and refrigerate leftovers. Yield: about 1-1/2 cups.
2 tablespoons: 42 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 176mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Reviews for Herbed Honey Lime Sauce
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC