This savory sauce can be kept in the refrigerator to serve over a variety of meats. It's quick to prepare and adds a pleasant surprise to your meal.—National Honey Board, Mary R Humann, Longmont, Colorado
Recommended: 30 Grilled Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth or dry white wine
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- In a saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in broth, honey, lime juice, mustard, rosemary, salt and pepper. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into sauce. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve with turkey, chicken, fish or pork. Cover and refrigerate leftovers. Yield: about 1-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Herbed Honey Lime Sauce in Taste of Home August/September 1993, p23
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Herbed Honey Lime Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 1, 2015
"This is a really good sauce you can use with a variety of meats, and quick to prepare."