Herbed Havarti in Pastry Recipe
At holiday cocktail parties, I love surprising guests with this impressive Havarti baked inside puff pastry. The wrapped cheese is pleasantly seasoned with herbs and served alongside crackers and fresh fruit.—Darci Truax, Coupeville, Washington
- 1/2 cup dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 blocks (8 ounces each) dill Havarti cheese
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- Coarse salt, optional
- Assorted crackers and fresh fruit
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine the parsley, thyme, rosemary and oregano. Spread mustard over cheese blocks; roll in herbs to coat.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry to about 13 in. long (or long enough to fit cheese blocks end to end). Place cheese on pastry and fold pastry around cheese; trim excess dough. Pinch edges to seal. Place seam side down on an ungreased baking sheet.
- 3. Brush pastry with egg. With floured cutters, cut decorative shapes from dough scraps if desired; arrange over the top and brush with egg. Sprinkle with salt if desired. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Serve warm with crackers and fruit. Yield: 16 servings.
1 slice: 188 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 261mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein
Reviews for Herbed Havarti in Pastry
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC