- 1/2 cup dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 blocks (8 ounces each) dill Havarti cheese
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- Coarse salt, optional
- Assorted crackers and fresh fruit
- In a shallow bowl, combine the parsley, thyme, rosemary and oregano. Spread mustard over cheese blocks; roll in herbs to coat.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry to about 13 in. long (or long enough to fit cheese blocks end to end). Place cheese on pastry and fold pastry around cheese; trim excess dough. Pinch edges to seal. Place seam side down on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Brush pastry with egg. With floured cutters, cut decorative shapes from dough scraps if desired; arrange over the top and brush with egg. Sprinkle with salt if desired. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Serve warm with crackers and fruit. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Herbed Havarti in Pastry in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2010, p41
Reviews for Herbed Havarti in Pastry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review