Herbed Grilled Corn on the Cob Recipe
- 8 medium ears sweet corn
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. Place corn in a stockpot; cover with cold water. Soak 20 minutes; drain. Carefully peel back corn husks to within 1 in. of bottoms; remove silk.
- 2. In a small bowl, mix remaining ingredients; spread over corn. Rewrap corn in husks; secure with kitchen string.
- 3. Grill corn; covered, over medium heat 25-30 minutes or until tender, turning often. Cut string and peel back husks. Yield: 8 servings.
1 ear of corn with 1 tablespoon butter mixture: 178 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 277mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Herbed Grilled Corn on the Cob
"This tasted good, but don't think it's worth all the extra work. I will stick to just boiling the corn. I agree that the grilled corn husks made a mess!"
"Delicious! I only wished we had eaten outside as the grilled husks made a huge mess of my kitchen."
"This was an easy way to prepare the corn, and the corn itself was tasty, but i didn't find that the spices added anything to it. I will perhaps continue grilling it in this fashion, but adding your recipe for "parmesan corn on the cob" which is a favorite butter sauce we like to use."
"this was a very easy and fast recipe. my family and i couldn't really tell any difference in flavor from regular grilled corn on the cob. they were alright but not fantastic, i might make them on a rare occasion but they will not be a staple in my house."
"I made this corn for our Memorial Day cookout and my family & friends loved it. It will be a staple for seasons to come!"
"This is WONDERFUL! I think it would be great if you added some garlic to the butter sauce. I will try that next time, it has great flavor to it and very easy to do! Thanks for sharing this :)"
"I made this for my 4th of July cookout and everyone loved it. I cook without added salt so I used the butter with Mrs. Dash table blend, pepper, and dried basil (didn't have fresh). Will definitely make it again!"