Herbed Green Beans Recipe
- 1-1/2 pound fresh green beans
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1. In a large saucepan, cover beans with water; Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add the remaining ingredients. Drain beans; stir in onion mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 76 calories, 4g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 42mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 2g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 vegetable, 1 fat
Reviews for Herbed Green Beans
"This is one of my favorite ways to dress up green beans."