From Marshfield, Missouri, Bernice Morris writes, "The herb butter makes this green bean side dish so pleasant. I always serve it with a ham dinner...don't forget the hot rolls!"
Recommended: 25 Fast Spring Veggie Sides
- 1-1/2 pound fresh green beans
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- In a large saucepan, cover beans with water; Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add the remaining ingredients. Drain beans; stir in onion mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Herbed Green Beans in Taste of Home June/July 1996, p17
Reviews for Herbed Green Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 5, 2014
"This is one of my favorite ways to dress up green beans."
Reviewed Sep. 18, 2013