Herbed Green Beans
A few simple seasonings are all that's needed to dress up fresh green beans. The vibrant color is an eye-catching addition to the table.
3-4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon dried tarragon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the beans, onion, water and garlic.
- Cover and microwave on high for 4-6 minutes or until beans are
- crisp-tender, stirring twice; drain. Stir in the remaining
- ingredients. Yield: 3-4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 24 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 4 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.