Herbed Green Beans
An assortment of herbs adds a refreshing burst of flavor to this easy green bean dish. You can serve it in moments, and it goes so well with just about any main course. –Ann Bassett of Nashville, Tennessee
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook onion in
- butter over medium heat for 2 minutes. Stir in green beans and
- seasonings. Cook and stir 6-8 minutes longer or until beans are
- tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 59 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 524 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.