From Marshfield, Missouri, Bernice Morris writes, "The herb butter makes this green bean side dish so pleasant. I always serve it with a ham dinner...don't forget the hot rolls!"
- 1-1/2 pound fresh green beans
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- In a large saucepan, cover beans with water; Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add the remaining ingredients. Drain beans; stir in onion mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Herbed Green Beans in Taste of Home June/July 1996, p17
Reviews for Herbed Green Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review