Herbed Green Bean Salad Recipe
- 1 medium potato, peeled
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 medium tomato, cubed
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1. Place potato in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil; Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool; cut into cubes.
- 2. Meanwhile, place green beans in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil; Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, for 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. drain and cool.
- 3. In a large serving bowl, combine the beans, potato, tomato and onion. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Pour over the bean mixture; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 120 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 81mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 0 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Herbed Green Bean Salad
"Delicous. Just added a clove of garlic and pepper to the drssing. Only had cherry tomatos which i cut in half and removed the seeds. A very tasty combination."