Herbed Gazpacho Recipe
For a unique first course, serve this colorful soup from Carole Benson, Cabazon, California. Chilled V-8 juice is the base for this soup that's chock-full of generous chunks of chopped tomatoes, green pepper and cucumber. "Garnish each bowl with shrimp for a fancy finish," suggests Carole.
- 1 can (46 ounces) V8 juice, chilled
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 4 to 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cooked chopped shrimp, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Garnish with shrimp if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings (about 3 quarts).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 85 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 781 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC