For a unique first course, serve this colorful soup from Carole Benson, Cabazon, California. Chilled V-8 juice is the base for this soup that's chock-full of generous chunks of chopped tomatoes, green pepper and cucumber. "Garnish each bowl with shrimp for a fancy finish," suggests Carole.
- 1 can (46 ounces) V8 juice, chilled
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 4 to 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cooked chopped shrimp, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Garnish with shrimp if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings (about 3 quarts).
Originally published as Herbed Gazpacho in Quick Cooking July/August 2000, p42
Reviews for Herbed Gazpacho
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review